gutted

I watched the Cincinatti Kid over the weekend. It is a great movie, a must see for every poker player. What's great about it is that it doesn't have the hollywood ending. It's the real life ending: about a guy who thinks he has what it takes and takes on the best only to learn that one outters do happen. Part of me wishes someone would do a remake, but I know I would be disappointed, because in the modern version, the kid would beat the man and get the girl.

In the end the kid is gutted by the man. It's an apropo description that I'm surprised isn't still used these days. These days I think it would be fitting to say "I was gutted by (insert online poker website here)."

Yes, friends, once again my account is down to a mere pittance. I had a nice run on sit-n-gos but I lately I've been catching the wrong end of the coin flip too many times and people have gone runner-runner more than I care to remember. Not that I haven't done my share of suckouts, I've given almost as well as I've gotten, but in the end my bankroll is no more.

Probably for the best. We're getting ready to move into our house at the end of the month so I really do have other things to do with my time. Maybe a sabatical will be good for me.

I did place 17th out of 461 in a tourney. I was pretty happy with my play up until I made one stupid mistake that knocked me out. At least I cashed, although I probably could have folded my way to the final table.

off to bed and dreams of pocket rockets.

-t

No comments: