I get what I pay for

Nursing my little bankroll, I've been playing the $5+.50 multi-table sit-n-gos on Ultimate Bet lately. I like their new MTTs but the following example is a hand that just makes me want to scream.

I was doing pretty well going into the final table when I tried a bluff on a guy who was going to call his top pair, top kicker even though I made a suspiciously small bet on the river when the third club fell. I'm not sure if it wasn't suspsiciously small enough, or maybe I was giving him too much credit for even seeing the possible flush on the board.

Anyway, I managed to fight my way back from the lowest stack to 5th and then 4th. I'm the small blind with blinds at 200/400. The little stack shoves all in from the button for T515. I'm tempted to call (which would leave me with about T1200) with two suited cards but look to my left and figure the BB, chip leader I might add, will call the extra T115 and decide to fold. BB folds!!! WTF!!??!!?? It costs him 115 to win 1115, almost 10 to 1 on his money. There is no hand that he is a 10 to 1 dog.

I had to bite my lip not to start lecturing him right then and there.

My KQs goes down in flames against a guy who called my pot-sized bet with A9o pref-flop, bets T400 on a 10-high rainbow flop and then calls my all-in.

SIGH. Should I expect anything else from guys who are playing $5 sit-n-gos?

-tmo

No comments: