Signs that you're playing too much poker....

This morning in that semi-conscious state where you're not totally awake I had a dream.

I was in a tournament, maybe THE tournament. Anyway, for some reason I arrived late. I don't think it was the start of the tourney, maybe it was the second day or maybe we were returning from a break. Somehow I had been given a 10 minute penalty when I wasn't even at the table. I seem to remember that I was not the only person who was penalized. Upon finding out that I was being assessed a 10 minute penalty I sought out the TD for more information. I think I was arguing with her but clearly not getting anywhere. I'm still yelling at the TD when someone tells me that my time is up and I can go sit down.

I rush to my table to see Johnny Chan sitting immediately to my right.

I'm not quite sure how but the flop is already on the table with two 7's and I look at my hand and see pocket 7s. I think there's been action already when I stop and decide whether I'll slow-play but decide to shove all in because I rationalize that limping would be suspicious.

Now it gets really wierd because my sister is suddenly sitting to my immediate left. I think she call (but has me covered) as well as one other person, I can't remember if it's Johnny or someone else.

I think my sister calls off the rest of her money going to the river. But then the game must have changed because I don't have pocket 7s any more, in fact, I have four cards in my hand. I'm pretty sure the 7s are still on the board, but now I have a 7 and K to make Sevens full of Kings, which still take the pot.

I'd like to know what Freud would think of that one!

-tmo

No comments: