Winning is good

Jumped into a 10-person sit-n-go last night and managed to take first. Didn't have many hands to play for the first 3 rounds and finally picked up KK on the button. Cut-off raises enough that I have to go all in and three of us see the flop. A-Q-x on flop and I'm sure I'm screwed. In the end, middle position limp-caller turns up 77 and cut-off has 88. Um, ok. Down to 5, the cut-off knocks out two with AA and we're suddenly in the money. Going into heads up I'm a 2-1 dog but become chip leader when I raise pre-flop with AQ and check-raise all-in on a flop of Q-x-x. Unlucky for the chip leader he has Q4s and calls.

On a non-poker related note I've pulled my hamstring. felt a popping sensation as I was running after a soccer ball. According to the web it's a strain or possible tear. What did people do before WebMD? Thank goodness I'll never have to know.

-tank

No comments: