There can be only one.

I remember when I thought "Highlander" was the best movie in the world. While I won't make that claim anymore, there is something about a movie about a whole bunch of guys running around trying to cut off each other's heads that appeals to a guy, and you could do a lot worse than a soundtrack featuring Queen.

In the movie the remaining immortals are drawn to New York for the be all, end all. While it isn't New York, there is a Statue of Liberty in Las Vegas and an estimated 4,000-5,000 people are gathering to try and chop off each other's heads (figuratively, although I'm sure there are those who contemplate being literal) at teh World Series of Poker Main Event. And, in the end, there can be only one (at least the public is always led to believe).

While part of me wishes I could be there, and perhaps might have been had my 99s not fell to 66s, this morning when I felt the baby kick you couldn't have paid me enough to be anywhere else. As we lay there belly to belly - something that is much easier now that we both have protruding ones- I felt a little bump that was my son. I think I'll go buy him some soccer shoes tomorrow.

No comments: