Harry Potter is evil

No, I'm not one of those Christian nutjobs who think that Harry Potter is the work of the devil. In fact, I loved the last book. It was a great way to finish the series. Non-stop action and everything wrapped up in the end. Maybe I could have done without the splenda chapter 36, but besides that I loved it.

Loved it so much in fact that I stayed up until 4:30 Sunday morning reading the book and subsequently suffered the next couple of days. And then my wife stayed up way too late last night finishing the book. She was so engrossed that she ignored hunger pains and skipped dinner, not able to put the book down.

And that is why the book is evil.

*** spoiler warning *** don't read past here if you haven't read the book.

OK. There's no way to ever prove this, but I guessed that Harry was a Horcrux before I read the book. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who did this, but I felt pretty proud of myself when I read it. And I was pretty sure that Snape was good and killed Dumbledore on his orders.

No comments: