Harry Potter

OK, I admit I'm a Harry Potter geek. I've read all the books multiple times. I'm not the "wait-in-line-for-hours/days-to-get-the-book-at-midnight" flavor of fan, but I do enjoy the series. So when I had a chance to see a special preview in IMAX 3-D I took it.

I love the books but when it comes to the movies, I kind of feel like the guy who is pot committed and can't get away. I mean, I've watched every movie so far so I can't stop even though each movie leaves me unsatisfied. I understand that they can't include everything in the book if they want to keep the movies under 3 hours (OoP is 2 and a half, but it goes by quick) but I feel the cuts/story line changes they made with were a little too hollywood and dumbed-down for my liking. It's almost better if you don't read the books so you don't know what you're missing.

But now that I'm 5/7 of the way committed I'll no doubt see the last two movies when they come out, but I won't feel good about it.

No comments: