up, and then down

my one knock against ultimate bet is that you can't request a complete hand history at the end of a session. other sites seem to be able to do it. or maybe i just havne't figured it out. so being lazy last night i didn't copy down any of my hands.

now that my bankroll is dangerously low, i'm working at slowly building it back up, which means
a. playing smaller limits
b. playing tighter

that said, i sat down at a .25/.50 no-limit table last night. as is always the case, the only hands i can remember are the ones i lost. i got bluffed out of a pot with 10s by ace-jack off when a king came on the flop. i would have caught a ten on the river and spanked the two jokers (winner had a pair of 9s) but i guess i left my purse in the car. another time my jacks fell to mister ace-eight who called both my pre-flop raise and flop bet to catch an ace on the turn. at one point i was up something like 70 BB but had to be content walking away up just 10.
-----
as i mentioned yesterday, T and i picked up our wedding bands over the weekend. yesterday i decided to take it for a test spin. i would be lying if i said i wasn't conscious of that little shiny band on my finger all day. i kept taking it off and turning it in my fingers. we had a team meeting in the afternoon and i really noticed it when i was clapping. the ring actually hurt a little bit as is hit my finger repeatedly. after a while i was able to reduce the pounding by changing my hand positions when i was clapping. just one of the many adjustments i guess i have to look forward to.

No comments: