Things they don't tell you in parenting class

Disclaimer: This falls into the "Too Much Information" realm so stop reading here if you don't want to learn one of the dirty little secrets of parenting.

So T and I took a course on child birth preparation (which I highly recommend, by the way). It was a 6 week class and covered a lot about the whole child birth process. At the last class the instructor covered a lot of things about post partum that no one ever talks about. It was like learning the secret handshake that would admit us into the secret society of parents. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say that there are a lot of aspects of childbirth that you never see in the movies or on TV.

That last paragraph was just fluff. This is your last chance to turn back.

The other night when I was changing H's diapers I came to this realization: I probably touch H's testicles more than I touch my own and more that I ever imagined I would touch any other male's. Just like changing diapers, I never even thought about it; it just came naturally.

No comments: