three-three

the last time I posted i was 32. Now I'm 33. Doesn't feel all that different. In fact, it doesn't feel different at all. Am I wiser? doubtful. Am I more mature? probably not. The only thing I can say now is that I'm a third of the way to 100. next stop I guess is halfway (unless you want to count 7/20 or 2/5). That is assuming, of course, that I'm going to make it to 100.

Since Monday was a holiday from work I decided to venture to a card room up north and play in a little daily tournament that they have. The structure is horrible, you start out with T4000 and the blinds begin at T100/200. By the time the second round comes around, the BB is 1/10 of your stack (assuming you haven't won anything). Ridiculous. You need to win your first hand or you're in trouble.

First hand of the toruney I get QQ and pop it up to T1000 and pick up about T500. The next hand I get 55 and pick up the pot after the flop comes 23J. I don't catch anything for a couple of rounds when I find KQd and raise it. By this time I had been blinded down so much that I should have pushed all in, instead like donkey I only doubled the BB and of course had the SB and BB come along for the ride. Flop comes A-K-rag and I know that one of them has an A and fold to the BB's bet on the turn. He folds to the SB's all in showing KJ. Had I pushed all in pre-flop there's no way the SB would have called with her A7o. After that I only had enough to cover my blinds and had to shove with crap at the same time that someone caught QQ. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

-tmo

No comments: