I should just stick to SnGs

On the surface, No-Limit Hold'em and NLHE Freezeouts are a very similar game. Why then do I fare decently in one and suck at the other? After an ass whooping Monday night at the .50/1 NLHE tables I decided to go back to the good ol' 10-man sit-n-go. On the very first hand three guys go all in: 99, KK and AA. Aces held up (although I kept waiting for a 9 to drop) and we were 8-handed. Luckily the big stack was to my right. After hovering around 2nd and 3rd in chip count, I dipped down to short stack before managing to claw my way back up. After knocking out Mr. Aces (who slowly bled away chips from his high water mark on the first hand) I got heads up with a 3 to 2 chip lead. I took most of the guy's chips when I caught a third 5 on the river to beat out his pair of Jacks and finished him off when my 62o went runner-runner to make 2 pair against his AK.

No comments: