don't you hate it when ...

monday morning of course. last week i added a meeting to my calendar for a meeting on monday that someone had notified me about via email. i'm not sure why, but i put it down in my calendar as 8:15-9:00 am. so i got my ass up this morning and hauled it into work so i could be here on time. unfortunately the meeting isn't until 9:00. so i've been sitting here all by myself for over half an hour. sigh

last night i played in a little 9-person sit-n-go. i went out unceremoniously in 7th after my wired sevens got snapped off by mr. "but they were suited" big slick when the ace fell on the river. as i told T later, it's not the losing when you are ahead that gets me so much as losing to someone who has no clue that just salts the wound. i mean, thinking back i realize i should have shoved all-in on the flop, but i also have to realize that there's no way he would have laid it down. good, gutsy plays are lost on ignorant people. c'est la vie.

No comments: