Gratitude

The blog has been languishing so I've decided to try something else. My boys attend Dharma school, basically Sunday School for Buddhists. Last year they started a "gratitude jar" where they were supposed to write one thing they were grateful for every day. Let's just say that that didn't go so well. But that doesn't mean I can't start a jar of my own. My goal is to post something I'm grateful for every day. I'll shoot for every day for a month and if I can go that long I'll look to extend the streak.

Here goes:

I am grateful for my life. I have been born into privilege. I can't remember ever going to bed hungry and I have never worried where my next meal would come from or whether I would have a roof over my head when I went to sleep. I got a good education and was raised by parents who loved me. And for that I am grateful.

No comments: